Monday, May 10, 2021

Wiper Blades for Duster

I replaced the wiper blades of my Duster with two inexpensive Bosch wipers recently. Bought off Amazon for Rs 388. This was done just before installing the tyres. So odo reading would be same 50.2K Km. These are 20 inch blades. 

I had bought an expensive Bosch set a few years ago (there is a story on that here). They started making noise after a short while. Now I have decided to get the cheapest possible ones before every monsoon. Use and throw once every year. I have a feeling the rubber in both the expensive and inexpensive ones is the same (much like the SF and Exide batteries). The price difference and premium is perhaps for the different frames and attaching clips. Pointless spending money on wiper blades just for a fancy frame. 

Today is 24th May, 2021. I have had to use the wipers a few times in moderate rain in the mean time. They are quite silent and do the job exactly as good as, if not better than, the premium wipers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment